Wednesday, April 14, 2010

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Dare I believe it?
Can it be true?
Good afternoon, Mrs. N. My name is S @ I am in the insurance department @ AOM (American Outcomes Management). I want to touch base with you regarding your benefits. We are a participating provider with your insurance carrier, Harvard Pilgrim and authorization has been secured for your IVIG home infusion therapy. You have a $500 deductible and that has been met. Your plan will provide reimbursement @ 100%. I am going to forward that information to you in the mail. There are a couple of forms for you to sign and mail back to me. I will also enclose a letter and you are welcome to call me with any questions or concerns and of course you will have my email address. Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Thanks

After all this time, it seems almost unreal. A quiet little unassuming email. So matter-of-fact. But there it is. My treatment has been approved!

Am I actually on my way to wellness? Or, at least functionality?

After all these years. One little change in our insurance. Going from an HMO plan to a PPO plan. Then, my neurologist writes one letter of medical necessity and provides it to this in-network service and, voila!, its done. In a matter of weeks. Wow.

I'm stunned. I'm thrilled. I'm afraid to be thrilled. I'm almost paranoid. Will the insurance retroactively deny again? Will I start feeling better and then they come along and pull the plug?

I'm not sure I'll really believe this is finally happening until that IV line is in my vein. But, wow, an approval letter!

Oh my gawd! Oh my gawd! Oh my gawd! Is my nightmare coming to an end?!

No comments:

Post a Comment